Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Think you've got it bad?

Sometimes we really don't know just how good we have it. We think our lives suck and things just aren't fair.....well you know what....you really don't know just how good you do have it.

A very good friend of mine is serving in a branch of our military and is on deployment right now. He has left his wife and two kids for the second time in less than 24 months to serve our country and protect our freedoms.

No one really wants to talk about it, but times are still very tough for our troops in the Middle East. To be honest, it scares the crap out of me...to know what he and others are facing on a daily basis. He posted this just the other day on facebook and it really hit home....brought tears to my eyes and really made me think

Today was the day everything hit me. I was at the ER and a young Marine who works with me was just blown up. He was rushed through. Broken foot in 3 places, badly bruised eye. We told him he was going home. And he began to cry, his right eye actually bled when he cried. He cried because he felt he was letting his fellow Marines down. Not because he was hurt but becasue he felt he was letting us down. As I walked out I looked over and there I saw a nurse holding a little baby screaming it's leg was gone there family bus hit an IED. You normally tell yourself its the job but today I took it home.
Friends, I ask you....please take time to stop and pray and say thanks...thanks for all that you do have and stop to remember that not everyone is as lucky as you are.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment