Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day

Let me start by saying that I am not sure why we say "Happy" Veterans Day.....it doesn't really fit the occasion but I guess the point gets across.

I do want to take time and say thanks....thanks to all those whom have served this great country of ours, thanks to all those whom are still serving our country proud.

If it weren't for these individuals think of all the things we do on a daily basis that we otherwise would be able to do.

Today also makes me think about my best friend and her husband. He is serving in the Marine Corps and they have been stationed in Japan for almost 3 years now. He just left this week on his second deployment in less than a year and a half. I pray daily for his safety. I pray daily for her sanity. I cannot imagine living on the opposite side of the world from my family and closets friends....basically her support system....and going through another deployment with their two kids. She's a hero in my mind.

So my friends as you are out and about today taking advantage of all the sales and offers that go along with Veteran's Day and 11-11-11.....please take a moment and recognize those that have made and are still making these days we enjoy possible. Pray for them and their loved ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment